4.2.11

you really can find fashion anywhere

Style is the best way to say who you are without having to speak
- Rachel Zoe, stylist

One of the incredible things about fashion is that it's an outlet to express to others what you are all about, save a conversation. By glancing at some of the things one wears, you can get a sneak peak into a person's personality, passions, views, and inspirations. 

Anyone who knows me is aware that I am a huge animal lover. I've been a vegetarian for about three years, and am active towards liberating animals from the cruelties they face day to day. I like to incorporate this passion into my wardrobe using animal inspired accessories, which is beginning to become a major trend. One of my favourite pieces is this incredible gunmetal snake bracelet with black jewel detail that my mother found for me in the gift shop at the hospital she works at. 


forgive the webcam shot, digital camera fund in the works!




Now, a gift shop in a hospital is quite the peculiar place to go shopping for accessories, but it just goes to show if you keep an open mind, you'll never know where you'll find inspiration to add to your wardrobe. Malls are great, but taking a chance to open the door of stores that you've never been into before could open your eyes to something unique! Vintage shops, flea markets, non trendy stores, and family oriented shops bring forth opportunity to find pieces of flair to add personality and interest to a wardrobe. 

Love it? Wear it. Own it!
- Alicia, xo