8.3.11

i'm not so sure..

"flatforms"      

One newly fronted trend that I'm having a hard time believing in is the flatform shoe. Very obviously, it's got the platform for height, but from the front to the back of the shoe, it's the same height. Therefore, you get the elevation similar to heels, but without the discomfort of your foot being on two different levels. Of course, the description makes them sound like miracles, but I just can't get over how completely unflattering they look. They add such bulk to the foot, and although I've seen many different adaptations of this concept, I've found none of them cute. There's a specific excitement that my body naturally produces when I see an adorable pair of shoes, and let me tell you, the fuse was definitely not lit on these ones. I'm sure it's a trend that will catch on very quickly, but it's safe to say, not a trend I will ever adopt.